蘇冠賓 醫師 Kuan-Pin Su, MD, PhD
1988-1995, MD, Kaohsiung Medical College, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2005-2008, PhD, Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London, UK
- Professor (2012/11-) & Vice Dean (2017/08-), College of Medicine, China Medical University (CMU)
- Director, Mind-Body Interface Research Centre, China Medical University Hospital (2006/08-)
- Chief, Department of General Psychiatry, China Medical University Hospital (2002/3-)
- Honorary Professor of Institute of Psychiatry-King's College London (2008/11-)
- 2014/08-2017/08, Chairman, Graduate Institute of Neural and Cognitive Sciences, China Medical University (CMU)
- 1999/5-2002/3, Attending physician, Department of Psychiatry, Wan Fang Medical Centre & Taipei Medical University Hospital
TEL: +886-4-22062121 ext 1074 (Office)
+886-4-22062121 ext 4126 (Lab)
- Translational medicine, connecting the bench and beside with novel interdisciplinary approaches to promote medical research
- Genomic studies in psychiatric disorders and pharmacogenetics
- Neurocognitive functioning in psychiatric disorders
- New treatments for depressive disorders, including omega-3 fatty acids, transcranial magnetic stimulations, Chinese medicine...
- Brain imaging studies (fMRI & PET) in psychiatric disorders and neural circuitry mechanisms of both non-pharmacotherapy and antidepressant drugs.
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of psychiatric disorders and pharmacotherapy
- 2016, The International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL): Early Career Award
- 2013, Psychopharmacology Award from the British Association for Psychopharmacology (UK)
- 2013, GlaxoSmithKline Depression and Anxiety Research Award, Taiwanese Society of Psychiatry, Taiwan
- 2013, Professor Wen-Ho Chang Research Award, Taiwanese Society of Biological Psychiatry and Neuropsychopharmacology, Taiwan
- 2012, Pacific Rim College of Psychiatrists: Young Psychiatrists Award
- 2012 and 2014, The International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL): New Investigator Award
- 2012, Teaching Excellency Award, China Medical University Hospital
- 2012, Psychiatric Research Society Annual Meeting Travel Award (USA)
- 2011, Thomson Reuters Research Front Award
- 2011, GlaxoSmithKline Depression and Anxiety Research Award, Taiwanese Society of Psychiatry, Taiwan
- 2011, Initiative Research Cooperation among Top Universities between UK and Taiwan, National Science Council, Taiwan
- 2011, Scientific Physician, China Medical University Hospital (CMUH)
- 2010, Ta-You Wu Memorial Award, National Science Council, Taiwan
- 2010, the Elite Physician of the Year, CMUH
- 2009 and 2004, the Best Physician of the Year, CMUH
- 2008, Professor Wen-Ho Chang Research Award, Taiwanese Society of Biological Psychiatry and Neuropsychopharmacology, Taiwan
- 2008, Professor Robert Kerwin International Award from the British Association for Psychopharmacology (UK)
- 2008-2010, National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD) Young Investigator Award (USA)
- 2007-2008, China Medical University Elite Faculty Scholarships
- 2007, Travel Award of the 20th ECNP
- 2006-2007, China Medical University Hospital Elite Scholarships
- 2006, Professor Janssen’s Schizophrenia Research Award, Society of Psychiatry, Taiwan; Guided Tour Poster Nomination of the 19th European College Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP); Travel Awards from King’s College London; Travel Awards from Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.
- 2005-2006, Elite Program of Taiwan Merit Scholarships (TMS), Ministry of Education, Taiwan
- Biological mechanisms and clinical subtyping for comorbidity of chronic pain and depression: The molecular approach of central sensitization. (2017-2020, MOST106-2314-B-039-027-MY3)
- N-3 fatty acids as the first-line antidepressant therapy: From biomarkers to clinical subtypes (2016-2018, 3-Year Innovative Research Grant (IRG) of Integrated Research Grants in Health and Medical Sciences from National Health Research Institutes NHRI-EX105-10528NI)
- Pharmacogenomic approach to inflammation theory of depression: Genome-wide associations of interferon-α-induced depression (2015-2017, 2 Years, MOST104-2314-B-039-022-MY2)
- Subtyping in depression with inflammation and pain: The mechanisms underlying major depressive disorder with painful symptoms (2015-2016, China Medical University, CMU104-S-16-03)
- Effects of a melatonin receptor agonist on clinical manifestations and peripheral biological markers of circadian rhythm (2015-2016, China Medical University, CMU104-S-44)
- Pharmacogenomics of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids treatment for major depressive disorder: Genome-wide associations. (2014-2017, Ministry of Science and Technology MOST 103-2320-B-039-039- MY3)
- Major depression and omega-3 fatty acids: From cellular mechanisms to clinical implications (2014-2016, NSC-NCBR [National Centre for Research and Development, Poland] Joint Research Projects. NSC 102-2923-B-039 -002 -MY3)
- Omega-3 fatty acid on preventing depression in pregnant women (2013-2015, NSC-RS [Royal Society] Joint Research Projects 102-2911-I-039-501)
- Phospholipid hypothesis of depression: From molecular biology, neuroimaging to behaviour (2012-2015, Project for Excellent Junior Research Investigators NSC101-2628-B-039-001-MY3)
- The antidepressant effects for omega-3 fatty acids in cellular inflammation mechanisms (2014-2015, China Medical University CMU103-S-03)
- Neuropsychobiology of Brain Theta-burst Stimulation: A Mind-body Interface for Depression (2012-2014, Innovative Research Grant (IRG) of Integrated Research Grants in Health and Medical Sciences from National Health Research Institutes NHRI-EX101-10144NI)
- The protective effect of astrocyte condition medium for glutamate-induced excitotoxicity in cortical neuron (2013-2014, China Medical University Hospital DMR-103-078)
- Genetic markers for interferon-alpha-induced depression in patients with chronic hepatitis C viral infection (2012-2013, China Medical University Hospital DMR-102-068)
- Heterogeneity of depression: The role of genetic variations in subtyping major depressive disorder (2011-2012, China Medical University Hospital DMR-101-081)
- Neurocognitive and neurobiological mechanisms of interferon-induced depression (2009-2012, Integrated Research Project )
- N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the prevention and treatment for IFN-induced depression (2009-2012, )
- The biological mechanism of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in depression. Initiative Research Cooperation among Top Universities between UK and Taiwan (2010-2011, NSC 99-2911-I-039-002)
- The biological mechanism of somatic symptoms in depression: The role of polyunsaturated fatty acids. National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD) Young Investigator Award 2008-2010
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids as biomarkers in classifying subtypes of depression (2008-2010, National Science and Technology Program for Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals (NSTPBP) Translational Medicine Project, 97(2)-TRA-001)
- Peripheral gene expression of PLA2 and COX2 in IFN-alpha-induced depression (China Medical University Hospital 2009-2010, DMR99-114)
- The role of neurocognitive and neurobiological markers in interferon-induced depression: an exploratory study (China Medical University 2009-2010, CMU97-336)
- The role of polyunsaturated fatty acids on sickness behaviour and depression induced by interferon therapy in patients with hepatitis C viral infection (2006-2009, NSC 95-2320-B-039-037-MY3)
- Proteomic analysis in interferon-induced sickness behavior and depression in patients with hepatitis C viral infection (CMU95-143)
- The effect of fish oil in bipolar disorder: a double-blind placebo-controlled trail for the antidepressant and maintenance effects of in bipolar disorder (2006-2008, DOH 95F022)
- Effect of fish oil diet on rat’s forced-swimming test (2005-2006, NSC 94-2314-B-039-027)
- The effect of fish oil in major depressive disorder: a double-blind placebo-controlled monotherapy trail to demonstrate the therapeutic and preventive effects of depression (2005-2008, DOH 94F044)
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in women with major depressive disorders during pregnancy and afterbirth: from the perspectives of epidemiology, membrane psychopathophysiology, dietary differences and the double-blind placebo-controlled therapeutic trail (2002-2005, NSC 91-2320-B-039-017, 92-2320-B-039-003, 93-2320-B-039-001)
- Omega 3 fatty acids in schizophrenic disorder: from the perspectives of the double-blind placebo-controlled therapeutic trail, membrane psychopathophysiology, and dietary differences (2001-2004, NSC 90-2320-B-038-046, 91-2320-B-039-010, 92-2320-B-039-002)
- Omega 3 fatty acids in major depressive disorder: the composition of Omega 3 PUFAs in red cell membrane & parallel-group, double blind, placebo-controlled therapeutic trail (2000, NSC 89-2320-B-038-046)
- Omega 3 fatty acids in major depressive disorder: parallel-group, double blind, placebo-controlled trail (1999, Taipei Medical College, TMC88-Y05-A121)
- Lipid, glucose and leptin abnormalities induced by novel antipsychotic drugs (2003-2004, China Medical University Hospital, DMR-92-017)
- Effect of omega-3 fatty acid diet on rat’s depressive-like behaviors in forced-swimming test (2004-2005, China Medical University, CMU93-M-24)
- Effect of omega-3 fatty acid diet on rat’s reserpine-induced depressive-like behaviours (2005-2006, China Medical University, CMU94-105)
- Melatoninergic agonists and omega-3 fatty acids in circadian rhythm and neuroprotection: from cellular, animal, to clinical research. (MOS106-2314-B-038-049)
- Taiwan Clinical Trial Consortium for Mental Disorders (MOST106-2321-B-039-004)
- Impacts of bariatric surgeries on eating behaviors, depression, inflammation, and gut microbiomes: From animal models to evidence based medicine (MOST 106-2314-B-039-031)
- Omega-3 fatty acids in depression of post-acute coronary syndrome patients: A double-blind placebo-controlled trial (MOST106-2314-B-039-035)
- Comparisons of Health Service Utilization, Medical Costs, and Risks of Medication Noncompliance and Suicidal Behavior among Patients with Depressive Disorders Using Different Antidepressants (MOST106-2410-H-038-018)
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on major depressive disorder in patients with cardiovascular diseases: a double-blind placebo-controlled therapeutic trial (3 Years, MOST104-2314-B-039-050-MY3)
- Exploration of Anti-inflammatory and Neuroprotective Mechanisms by which Different Omega-3 Fatty Acids Treat Depression and Neurodegeneration (3 Years, MOST103-2320-B-039-041-MY3)
- Emerging mechanisms of omega-3 fatty acids in depression: The effects of EPA and DHA on chronic stress, neurogenesis and neuroinflammation (3 Years, MOST103-2320-B-038-012-MY3)
- A double-blind randomized controlled trial of N-3 PUFA in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (MOST103-2320-B-039-030)
- The synchronized trial on expectant mothers with depressive symptoms by omega-3 PUFAs (SYNCHRO) (2014-2017, 3 Years, JSPS 25702043 from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science)
- Taiwan Clinical Trial Consortium for Mental Disorders (3 years, MOST103-2325-B-039-005)
- Production of srpk2 knockout mice and exploring the mechanisms of the pathogenesis (NSC 102-2320-B-039-039)
- The biological mechanisms of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid treatment in interferon-induced depression (2 Years, NSC 101-2320-B-038-020-MY2)
- The study of polymorphisms and expressions in genes of omega-3 fatty acid metabolism enzymes in the patients with major depressive disorder (3 Years, )
- The study of effects of antidepressant treatment on leukocyte-platelet interaction in medically health patients with major depressive disorder (3 Years, )
- Investigation of the effects of water extract from Gastrodia elata Blume on its antidepressant mechanisms in animal models and clinical study (CCMP95-RD-033)
- Functional MRI for depressive patients before and after received antidepressants with different mechanism (2 Years, NSC 94-2314-B-039-011, NSC 95-2314-B-039-003)
- The study of fingerprint fluctuating asymmetry criterions on schizophrenia (NSC 92-2320-B-039-020)
- Omega-3 fatty acids added to clozapine for patients with schizophrenia. (NSC 92-2314-B-109-003)
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids with the risk of Alzheimer's disease and its cognitive effects of supplementation (DOH92-TD-1095)
- Weight gain and dyslipidemia induced by atypical antipsychotics: mechanism investigation and treatment by omega-3 fatty acids. (NSC 91-2314-B109-003)
- The validation of the Taiwanese version of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depressive Scale (EPDS) for major depressive disorder during pregnancy and afterbirth. (China Medical University Hospital, DMR-92-92)
- Predictors and Prevalence of Depressive Symptoms in Antenatal and Postpartum Women. (China Medical University Hospital, DMR-94-46)
- Su KP*, Tseng PT, Lin PY, Okubo R, Chen TY, Matsuoka YJ. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and anxiety symptoms: A systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA Network Open (Accepted).
- Satyanarayanan SK, Su HX, Lin YW, Su KP*. Circadian rhythm and melatonin in the treatment of depression. Current Pharmaceutical Design (Accepted).
- Luo C, Ren H, Yao X, Shi Z, Liang F, Kang JX, Wan JB, Pei Z, Su KP*, Su H. Enriched Brain Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Confer Neuroprotection against Microinfarction. EBioMedicine 2018; 32: 50-61.
- Czarny P, Wigner P, Strycharz J, Watala C, Swiderska E, Synowiec E, Galecki P, Talarowska M, Szemraj J, Su KP*, Sliwinski T. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms of uracil-processing genes affect the occurrence and the onset of recurrent depressive disorder. PeerJ 2018 Jun 26;6:e5116. doi: 10.7717/peerj.5116.
- Satyanarayanan SK, Shih YH, Chien YC, Huang SY, Gałecki P, Kasper S, Chang JPC, Su KP*. Anti-oxidative effects of melatonin receptor agonist and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in neuronal SH-SY5Y cells: Deciphering synergic effects on antidepressant mechanisms. Molecular Neurobiology 2018 Feb 3. doi: 10.1007/s12035-018-0899-x. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wigner P, Czarny P, Galecki P, Su KP*, Sliwinski T. The molecular aspects of oxidative & nitrosative stress and the tryptophan catabolites pathway (TRYCATs) as potential causes of depression. Psychiatry Research 2018 Apr; 262: 566-574.
- Chang JPC, Su KP*, Mondelli V, Pariante C. Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Youths with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Clinical Trials and Biological Studies. Neuropsychopharmacology 2018 Feb; 43(3): 534-545.
- Chang CH, Tseng PT, Chen NY, Lin PC, Lin PY, Chang JPC, Kuo FY, Lin JS, Wu MC, Su KP*. Safety and tolerability of prescription omega-3 fatty acids: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 2018 Feb; 129: 1-12.
- Su KP*, Yang HT, Chang JP, Shih YH, Guu TW, Kumaran SS, Gałecki P, Walczewska A, Pariante CM. Eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids have different effects on peripheral phospholipase A2 gene expressions in acute depressed patients. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 2018 Jan; 80(Pt C): 227-233.
- Chang JPC, Lin CY, Lin PY, Shih YH, Chiu TH, Ho M, Yang HT, Huang SY, Gałecki P, Su KP*. Polyunsaturated fatty acids and inflammatory markers in major depressive episodes during pregnancy. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 2018 Jan; 80(Pt C): 273-278.
- Gałecka E, Talarowska M, Maes M, Su KP*, Górski P, Kumor-Kisielewska A, Szemraj J. Expression levels of interferon-ɣ and type 2 deiodinase in patients diagnosed with recurrent depressive disorders Pharmacological Reports 2018 Feb;70(1):133-138.
- Lin PY, Chang CH, Chongc MFF, Chen H, Su KP*. Polyunsaturated fatty acids in perinatal depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Biological Psychiatry 2017 Oct 15;82(8):560-569.
- Chang JPC, Guu TW, Chen YC, Gałecki P, Walczewska A, Su KP*. BanI polymorphism of cytosolic phospholipase A2 gene and somatic symptoms in medication-free acute depressed patients. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (In Press) doi: 10.1016/j.plefa.2017.01.001.
- Yang HT, Wang RY, Huang SY, Huang CL, Su KP*. Genetic polymorphisms of FADS1, FADS2, and FADS3 and fatty acid profiles in subjects received methadone maintenance therapy. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (In Press) doi: 10.1016/j.plefa.2017.01.006.
- Nishi D, Su KP*, Usuda K, Chang JP, Chiang YJ, Guu TW, Hamazaki K, Nakaya N, Sone T, Hashimoto K, Hamazaki T, Matsuoka YJ. Differences between Japan and Taiwan in the treatment of pregnant women with depressive symptoms by omega-3 fatty acids: An open-label pilot study. Nutritional Neuroscience (In Press) doi: 10.1080/1028415X.2017.1354540. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zgórzyńska E, Dziedzic B, Gorzkiewicz A, Stulczewski D, Bielawska K, Su KP*, Walczewska A. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids improve the antioxidative defense in rat astrocytes via an Nrf2-dependent mechanism. Pharmacological Reports 2017 Oct; 69(5): 935-942.
- Borsini A, Alboni S, Horowitz MA, Tojoa LM, Cannazza G, Su KP*, Pariante CM, Zunszain PA. Rescue of IL-1β−induced reduction of human neurogenesis by omega-3 fatty acids and antidepressants. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 2017 Oct;65:230-238.
- Chang JPC, Lai HC, Yang HT, Su WP, Peng CY, Gałecki P, Walczewska A, Pariante CM, Su KP*. Polyunsaturated fatty acids levels and initial presentation of somatic symptoms induced by interferon-alpha therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C viral infection. Nutritional Neuroscience 2017; 20(5), 291-296.
- Lee CWS, Lin CL, Lin PY, Thieke S, Su KP*, Kao CH. Antidepressants and risk of dementia in migraine patients: A population-based case-control study. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 2017 Jul; 77: 83-89.
- Chiu WC, Su YP, Su KP*, Chen PC. Recurrence of Depressive Disorders after Interferon-induced Depression. Translational Psychiatry 2017 Feb; 7(2): e1026.
- Chang JPC, Li JL, Huang YT, Lu YJ, Su KP*. Delay Aversion, Temporal Processing and N-3 Fatty Acids Intake in Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Clinical Psychological Science 2016; 4(6): 1094-1103.
- Chen YT, Su KP*, Chang JP. Atypical major depressive episode as initial presentation of intracranial germinoma in a male adolescent. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment 2016 Dec;13:35-40.
- Nishi D, Su KP*, Usuda K, Chiang YJ, Guu TW, Hamazaki K, Nakaya N, Sone T, Sano Y, Tachibana Y, Ito H, Isaka K, Hashimoto K, Hamazaki T, Matsuoka Y. The synchronized trial on expectant mothers with depressive symptoms by omega-3 PUFAs (SYNCHRO): Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry 2016 Sep; 16:321 (DOI: 10.1186/s12888-016-1031-2).
- Hsiao PJ, Hsieh PF, Chou EC, Lai HC, Peng CY, Su KP*. Anti-Viral Therapy and Decreased Sexual Desire in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C. PLoS One 2016 Aug 9; 11(8): e0160450.
- Nishi D, Su KP*, Usuda K, Chiang YJ, Guu TW, Hamazaki K, Nakaya N, Sone T, Sano Y, Ito H, Isaka K, Hashimoto K, Hamazaki T, Matsuoka YJ. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation for expectant mothers with depressive symptoms in Japan and Taiwan: An open-label trial. Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience 2016 Jun; 70(6): 253-4.
- Senthil Kumaran S, Shih YH, Su KP*. Detecting the modest signals of omega-3 fatty acids' antidepressant effects by homogenizing depressed patient groups. Lipid Technology 2016 May/June; 28: 86-87.
- Gałecka E, Talarowska M, Maes M, Su KP*, Górski P, Szemraj J. Polymorphisms of iodothyronine deiodinases (DIO1, DIO3) genes are not associated with recurrent depressive disorder. Pharmacological Reports 2016 May; 68(5): 913-917.
- Chang HC, Huang KC, Chiu WC, Huang KC, Tang CH, Su KP*. Changes in employment status in bipolar disorder: a longitudinal study with national claims data. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2016 Apr; 77(4): e429-35.
- Kwiatkowski D, Czarny P, Toma M, Jurkowska N, Sliwinska A, Drzewoski J, Bachurska A Bielecka-Kowalska A, Szemraj J, Maes M, Berk M, Su KP*, Galecki P, Śliwiński T. Associations between DNA damage, DNA base excision repair genes variability and Alzheimer’s disease risk. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders 2016; 41(3-4): 152-71.
- Song C, Shieh CH, Wu YS, Kalueff A, Gaikwad S, Su KP*. The role of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids in the treatment of major depression and Alzheimer’s disease: acting separately or synergistically? Progress in Lipid Research 2016 Jan; 62: 41-54.
- Su KP*. Personalize medicine with omega-3 fatty acids for depression in pregnant women and children, and depression associated with inflammation. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2015; 76 (11): e1476-7.
- Su KP*. Nutrition, psychoneuroimmunology and depression: the therapeutic implications of omega-3 fatty acids in interferon-α-induced depression. BioMedicine 2015; 5(4): 17-23
- Sarris J, Nishi D, Xiang YT, Su KP*, Bannatyne A, Oliver G, Heok KE, Ng C. Implementation of Psychiatric-Focused Lifestyle Medicine Programs in Asia. Asia-Pacific Psychiatry 2015 Dec; 7(4): 345-54.
- Sarris J, Logan A, Akbaraly T, Amminger GP, Balanzá-Martínez V, Freeman MP, Hibbeln J, Matsuoka Y, Mischoulon D, Mizoue T, Nanri A, Nishi D, Ramsey D, Rucklidge JJ, Sanchez-Villegas A, Scholey A, Su KP*, Jacka FN. International Society for Nutritional Psychiatry Research consensus position statement: nutritional medicine in modern psychiatry. World Psychiatry 2015 Oct; 14(3): 370-1.
- Song C, Luchtman D, Kang Z, Tam EM, Yatham LN, Su KP*, Lam RW. Enhanced inflammatory and T-helper-1 type responses but suppressed lymphocyte proliferation in patients with seasonal affective disorder and treated by light therapy. Journal of Affective Disorders 2015 Oct 1; 185: 90-6.
- Su KP*, Matsuoka Y, Pae CU. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in prevention of mood and anxiety disorders. Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience 2015 Aug 31; 13(2):129-37.
- Czarny P, Kwiatkowski D, Gałecki P, Talarowska M, Orzechowska A, Bobinska K, Bielecka-Kowalska A, Szemraj J, Maes M, Su KP*, Sliwinski T. Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms of MUTYH, hOGG1and NEIL1 genes, and depression. Journal of Affective Disorders 2015 June 3; 184: 90-96.
- Sarris J, Logan A, Akbaraly T, Amminger GP, Balanzá-Martínez V, Freeman MP, Hibbeln J, Matsuoka Y, Mischoulon D, Mizoue T, Nanri A, Nishi D, Ramsey D, Rucklidge JJ, Sanchez-Villegas A, Scholey A, Su KP*, Jacka FN. Nutritional Medicine as Mainstream in Psychiatry. Lancet Psychiatry 2015 Mar; 2(3): 271-4.
- Chang JPC, Chang SS, Yang HT, Palani M, Chen CP, Su KP*. Polyunsaturated fatty acids levels in patients with cardiovascular diseases with and without depression. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 2015 Feb; 44: 28-31.
- Chen WC, Lai HC, Su WP, Palani M, Su KP*. Bupropion for interferon-alpha-induced depression in patients with hepatitis C viral infection: An open-label study. Psychiatry Investigation 2015 Jan; 12(1):142-5.
- Su KP*, Lai HC, Yang HT, Su WP, Peng CY, Chang JPC, Huang CL, Chang HC, Pariante CM. Omega-3 fatty acids in the prevention of interferon-alpha-induced depression Results from a randomized, controlled trial. Biological Psychiatry 2014 Oct 1; 76(7): 559-66.
- Talarowska M, Orzechowska A, Szemraj J, Su KP*, Maes M, Gałecki P. Manganese superoxide dismutase gene expression and cognitive functions in recurrent depressive disorders. Neuropsychobiology 2014 Aug; 70: 23–28.
- Talarowska M, Bobińska K, Zajączkowska M, Su KP*, Maes M, Gałecki P. Impact of oxidative/nitrosative stress and inflammation on cognitive functions in patients with recurrent depressive disorders. Medical Science Monitor 2014 Jan; 20: 110-5.
- Su KP*, Wang SM, Pae CU. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids for major depressive disorder. Expert Opinion On Investigational Drugs 2013 Dec; 22(12): 1519-1534.
- Lu DY, Leung YM, Su KP*. Interferon-α induces nitric oxide synthase expression and heme oxygenase-1 down-regulation in microglia: Implications of cellular mechanism of IFN-α-induced depression. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Lin PY, Mischoulon D, Freeman MP, Matsuoka Y, Hibbeln J, Belmaker RH, Su KP*. Are omega-3 fatty acids anti-depressants or just mood-improving agents? The effect depends upon diagnosis, supplement preparation, and severity of depression. Molecular Psychiatry
- Lin PY, Chiu CC, Huang SY, Su KP*. A meta-analytic review of polyunsaturated fatty acid compositions in dementia. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
- Su KP*. Inflammation in psychopathology of depression: Clinical, biological, and therapeutic implications. BioMedicine 2012 June; 2(2): 68-74.
- Liang JA, Sun LM, Su KP*, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH. A nationwide population-based cohort study: Anxiety disorders will increase subsequent cancer risk? PLos ONE 2012 April; 7(4): e36370, 1-6.
- Jadoona A, Chiu CC, McDermott L, Cunningham P, Frangou S, Chang CJ, Sun YW, Liu SI, Lu ML, Su KP*, Huang SY, Stewart R. Associations of polyunsaturated fatty acids with residual depression or anxiety in older people with major depression. Journal of Affective Disorders
- Tseng YL, Chiang ML, Huang TF, Su KP*, Lane HY, Lai YC. A selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, citalopram, inhibits collagen-induced platelet aggregation and activation. Thrombosis Research 2010 Dec; 126(6): 517-523.
- Lu DY, Tsao YY, Leung YM, Su KP*. Docosahexaenoic acid suppresses neuroinflammatory responses and induces heme oxygenase-1 expression in BV-2 microglia: Implications of antidepressant effects for omega-3 fatty acids. Neuropsychopharmacology 2010 Oct; 35(11): 2238–2248. (*Correspondence).
- Chang J, Su KP*. The lipid raft hypothesis: the relation among omega-3 fatty acids, depression and cardiovascular diseases. Taiwanese Journal of Psychiatry 2010 Sep; 24(3): 168-80. (*Correspondence).
- Lin PY, Huang SY, Su KP*. A meta-analytic review of polyunsaturated fatty acid compositions in patients with depression. Biological Psychiatry 2010; 68(2):140-147. (*Correspondence).
- Wu CC, Tsai CH, Lu MK, Chen CM, Shen WC, Su KP*. Theta-burst repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder with concomitant depression. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2010 April; 71(4): 504-506. (*Correspondence).
- Su KP*, Huang SY, Peng CY, Lai CH, Huang CL, Chen YC, Aitchison KJ, Pariante CM. Phospholipase A2 and cyclo-oxygenase 2 genes influence the risk of interferon-alpha-induced depression by regulating polyunsaturated fatty acids levels. Biological Psychiatry 2010; 67(6): 550-557.
- Su KP*. The biological mechanism of antidepressant effect of omega-3 fatty acids: How does fish oil acts as a “mind-body interface?” NeuroSignals 2009 Feb; 17(2): 144-152.
- Chang J, Chen YT, Su KP*. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) in cardiovascular diseases (CVD) and depression: the missing link? Cardiovascular Psychiatry and Neurology 2009(2009), Article ID 725310, 6 pages. doi:10.1155/2009/725310. (*Correspondence).
- Chiu CC, Liu JP, Su KP*. The use of omega-3 fatty acids in treatment of depression: the lights and shadows. Psychiatric Times 2008 Aug; 25(9): 76-80. (*Correspondence).
- Su KP*, Huang SY, Chiu TH, Huang KC, Huang CL, Chang HC, Pariante CM. Omega-3 fatty acids for major depressive disorder during pregnancy: results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2008 Apr; 69(4): 644-651. (*Correspondence).
- Chiu CC, Su KP*, Cheng TC, Liu HC, Stewart R, Huang SY. The effects of omega-3 fatty acids monotherapy in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment: a preliminary randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 2008; 32(6): 1538–1544.
- Su KP*. Mind-body interface: The role of n-3 fatty acids in psychoneuroimmunology, somatic presentation, and medical illness comorbidity of depression. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2008 Jan; 17(S1): 147-153.
- Huang SY, Yang HT, Chiu CC, Pariante C, Su KP*. Omega-3 fatty acids on the forced-swimming test. Journal of Psychiatric Research 2008 Jan; 42(1): 58-63 (*Correspondence).
- Su KP*, Chiu TH, Huang CL, Ho M, Lee CC, Wu PL, Lin CY, Liau CH, Liao CC, Chiu WC, Pariante CM. Different cut-off points for different trimesters? The use of Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale and Beck Depression Inventory to screen depression during pregnancy in Taiwan. General Hospital Psychiatry 2007 Sep-Oct; 29(5): 436-41. (*Correspondence).
- Lin PY, Su KP*. A meta-analytic review of double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of antidepressant efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2007 Jul; 68(7): 1056–1061(*Correspondence).
- Chiu CC, Huang SY, Chen CC, Su KP*. Omega-3 fatty acids is more beneficial to depression than to mania in patients with bipolar I disorder. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2005 Dec; 66(12): 1613-14 (*Correspondence).
- Chiu CC, Huang SY, Su KP*. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids for postpartum depression. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2004; 190 (2): 582-583. (*Correspondence).
- Su KP*, Huang SY*, Chiu CC, Shen WW. Omega-3 fatty acids in major depressive disorder. A preliminary double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. European Neuropsychopharmacology 2003; 13(4): 267-271. (*Correspondence).
- Chiu CC, Huang SY, Su KP*, Lu ML, Huang MC, Chen CC, Shen WW. Polyunsaturated fatty acid deficit in patients with bipolar mania. European Neuropsychopharmacology 2003; 13(2): 99-103. (*Correspondence).
- Chiu CC, Huang SY, Shen WW, Su KP*. Omega-3 fatty acid monotherapy for a pregnant patient with major depressive disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry 2003; 160(2): 385. (*Correspondence) [Erratum on affiliation: American Journal of Psychiatry 2003; 160 (4): 801]
- Su KP, Balanzá-Martínez V. Role of omega-3 fatty acids in mood disorders (Chapter 16). In McNamara RK, Editor. The omega-3 fatty acid deficiency syndrome: opportunities for disease prevention. Nova Science Pub Inc., NY, USA: 2013, pp. 315-336 (ISBN 978-1-62417-703-3).
- Chang JPC, Su KP*. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) as the “Mind-Body Interface” in cardiovascular diseases and depression. In: Rodriguez-Cruz M, Editor. The latest finding of the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids: since molecular mechanism to new application in the health. Bentham Science Publishers, Bussum, Netherlands: 2011, pp. 58-66. (ISBN 978-1-60805-356-8)
- Su KP*, Shen WW, Huang SY. The use of omega-3 fatty acids for the management of depression and psychosis during pregnancy and breast-feeding. In: Peet M, Glen I, Horrobin DF, Editors. Phospholipid spectrum disorder in psychiatry and neurology, 2nd ed. Marius Press, 2003, Carnforth, UK: pp. 391-399. (ISBN 978-1871622256)
更多蘇冠賓醫師介紹 About Kuan-Pin Su, MD, PhD
Posted on 2018-08-06Share this：